Life's Pleasures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Life's Pleasures

Life's Pleasures is a place where you just live and do what makes life pleasurable: blogging, drawing, role playing, writing, etc.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crystal's Blog

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crystal's Blog Empty Crystal's Blog Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 am

Bubbles

Bubbles
Admin

Dear Life's Pleasures users,

So I decided to start up a blog as a way of persuading all of you to do one! Wink I'll be posting every Sunday to keep consistency as should you for the same reason, (well, not the same day, but to keep a day of the week for blogging just so it keeps our interest fulfilled).

Anyway, I was really nervous about starting this website; I had started building one before and didn't really start it up due to technical difficulties. I've never been a girl who really got computers and computer software, so trying to build my own website was a bit foreign to me. But I'm really glad this one has at least taken off a little... even though almost all of the users I know in person as a friend. But you gotta start somewhere, right? I still have things that I haven't figured out yet about this time around, but I have it way more figured out than I did the first website. I really want to change the Admin and Moderator user name colors and possibly find a better skin... or even make my own. Hm, maybe that should be a contest? Oh! Speaking of which, do you guys think we should have a Contest Category? Strictly for just competition and entertainment?

This week I missed another three days of school due to a cold; I'll have to say that's probably the... fourteenth day I've missed or so. I've been getting sick so much lately, I just don't get it. I used to have such a great immune system, but I guess with all that luck it had to run out soon. Though, I partially think it's from the stress of school. This is my senior year and I am quickly realizing that it is definitely no time to mess around. There's the senior portraits, senior quotes, senior prom, scholarships, grades, transcripts, college applications, living arrangements, cap & gown meetings, etc. It's just all a very big headache and shouldn't be as big of a deal as the school and parents make it out to be. But still, I am very excited to graduate, go to college and live on my own; I am a little scared, I will admit, but the enthusiasm definitely out weighs the bad.

I've been working as a buser at the Sunrise Grill for about... oh nine months now? I guess the customers have been telling my boss that they should make me a waitress because I'd be good at it... Well, they finally listened! My boss came up to me last week and handed me a To-Go Menu and told me to study it because she's putting me on the floor after their trip to Hawaii! I seriously can't wait, I love the regulars there and can't wait to actually get to wait on them instead of just cleaning their table and maybe filling their drinks and small other things. Today I got paid, and up 'til now I hadn't realized what three days one week would do to my hours. Last week, due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, I worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday when I usually only work on the weekends. My total hours within two weeks was forty-eight and a half hours!!! That's $351.62! Adding that to my current savings I have $694. It's not that much considering what I want to do after high school plus Christmas, Birthdays, etc. But it's definitely a start! That's a months rent in an okay apartment!! I just can't wait to see what kind of money I'm making when I'm working full time as a waitress!

Sincerely,

Crystal

P.S.

Click my name after every blog for a surprise! Smile

Comments Enabled

http://lifespleasures.omgforum.net

2Crystal's Blog Empty Re: Crystal's Blog Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:02 am

Bubbles

Bubbles
Admin

Oh, where to begin? I missed two more days this week, this bug I've got just won't go away! I missed Monday and Friday, but Friday was legitimate because my Mother wanted to take me to the doctor's. The doctor said that I have a sinus infection and perscribed me these whack-booty antibiotics that no one had!! We went to like... 5 places before we found someone who did have them! It was terrible.

For those of you who don't know about Mr. Block, he's a pretty cool teacher but can be a real douche sometimes. Well, I'm in his Acting II class (that he wanted me in, not me) and I found out I was going to fail because I hadn't written up all the audition and play reviews. So one day he asked me why I wasn't doing my work and I calmlly responded "Why would I do work in a class where my grade is already fixed to an F?" Mr. Block thought for a moment or two and said "Okay, I will allow you to turn me all of them in together, you will get a zero on the project, but I'll allow you to pass the class." ... So now I have to do all that work I've been slacking off on!! And I'm still sick! I mean, it was really nice of him and all, but come on! I just can't win with this guy, haha.

I think I might be getting a touch of Senioridious; I find myself (including right now) not wanting to do any homework or school work and just sleeping or something. Or when I'm at work I keep thinking what it'd be like to just drop out of high school and work full time or something. But I'm hanging in there it's just really hard; hopefully next semester is easier.

Work has been going good except today the bosses were extremely temperamental, especially since the youngest one was on her cycle! She was yelling and accusing us of not making coffee, same with her Mother! Ugh! And then her brother (the cook) was insulting my Mother, I nearly bopped him upside the head! He's such a jerk, he acts like he's all that and a bag of chips just because he's the bosses son. Oh, you guys must be confused, the owner of Sunrise Grill is Jeanie, her daughter's name is Mona who is the manager, Jeanie's husband is Tony who is also the head cook, and then Mona's brother's name is Mone who is another cook. Lots-o family!

Me and my family are currently watching an old family friends' son and dog for a little while, I took them all out to dinner at Red Robbins last night, leaving the dog at home... when we got back the dog had completely torn the blinds, destroyed the entire house, scratched the crap out of my sister's door, everything! It was terrible... I think it was because he's having some separation issues, but I believe he's getting a little better... hopefully. I can't complain having a German Shepard/Wolf/Husky mixed puppy, though! Smile

Sincerely,

Crystal

Comments Enabled

3Crystal's Blog Empty Re: Crystal's Blog Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:06 am

Bubbles

Bubbles
Admin

So I'm still sick and the antibiotics that the Doctor gave me are somehow making my symptoms worse: I'm pretty much miserable. On top of this, my Mother caught what I have -- or something like it -- and my Sister has (in the Doctor's words) "A very extreme case of stomach flu... I haven't seen it this severe for years... it's very contagious." Shocked I really, really, really, really, REALLY hope I don't get the stomach flu.

Even thought I've been sick I still went to work, trying to get as much sleep as possible; but that's a little hard when the dog you're watching keeps pooping in your room and peeing in the hall. I swear to you, the dog pooped four times and peed three times just last night. I maybe got two hours of sleep! I was so peeved at that dog you have no idea! I've never wanted to strand a dog outside more in my life... but, he's just a pup and hopefully he'll be gone tonight? Also, the boy we are/were watching is finally leaving tomorrow. He's a great kid -- kind of -- and all, but still... I just want things to go back to the way they were: me, my Mother, and my Sister... that's it.

Thursday was the last day of school until the... 4th or 8th of January, I can't remember. I found out that my Acting II class was Zangled, making it seem like a semester long class instead of a year long one, and erasing our files and what not. I don't know, it's weird and I hate Zangle; end of story. But it was kind of sad because my Photography I class and Astronomy classes were awesome, I loved the teachers and will definitely miss them. I can't wait for the next semester to start though, I'm going to have Painting, Draw & Design AND Dance!! AWWWWWESOME!

So one of my extremely close friends came back up from Oregon today and I can't wait to see him... though I still haven't gotten him anything for Christmas.. But the thing is that I have no idea what to get him, lol. He's just so, random I guess... maybe I'll get him the Hamburger Phone or something. But I was thinking of buying a super cute bear or something and sewing some glasses on his face 'cause my friend is in Graduate School for Optometry. Smile

Sincerely,

Crystal

Comments Enabled

4Crystal's Blog Empty Re: Crystal's Blog Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:25 am

Bubbles

Bubbles
Admin

Dear Life's Pleasures' Users,

Since I last blogged a lot has happened, I probably won't get to it all -- nor do I actually wish to -- just because it would probably break the "there are too many thingy things in this message" thing.

I guess I'll start with the most recent of things. Just last week (March... 16th) my boyfriend came up from San Diego, California from just finishing boot camp for the Marines. I was super excited, him and I have known each other for over six years now and... yeah, it was just great. Well he left this Monday -- way too short of a vacation if you ask me -- for San Diego, California again, and then he will soon be in Pensacola, Florida for a year and a half... crap!

Well, right before he came up here for his little "vacation", he was in a hotel waiting for his flight... so for about two days. Within those two days, him and I talked long distance -- on my account -- for about... Oh, I'd say eight hours combined... so a lot! Well I didn't really fathom how much that would actually add up on our -- my Mother's -- phone bill. She calls today to find out... Over $450!! I'm screwed! I currently have less than $100 to my name. Of course, I have two jobs (don't freak out, one is on Saturday's, and the other is on Sunday's), and I've -- one of my good friends -- done the math to me making about $85 a week and my Mother needs the cash around the 25th of next month. So I -- me this time -- calculated all of this up, and by that time (not including tips and everything) I will have made approximately $425! Though I really, really, REALLY hope that I can get a hold of my boyfriend so he can help me pay for this... even though I will most definitely feel wrong for asking that of him... eeeeeeh.

Onto school things! So I have caught a BAAAAAD case of Senioridious!! I am suuuuuuch a procrastinator -- which isn't really a norm for me -- and it's really affecting my school work. I'm still passing of my classes with no lower than a B (to the extent of my knowledge at least) but still... just putting things off until the last minute is extremely exhausting... I don't know how people do it so frequently! I guess the thought of me actually not graduating has crossed my mind a few times, but I don't think that'll happen, it's just a small fear. But again, my grades haven't suffered enough for me to really start panicing. I suppose the only class that really has me worried is my School Through the Arts English class where my teacher -- a complete sadist -- is making us do a twenty page paper as our final... I'm the type of girl who likes to get to the point with no bull sh*t... a twenty page paper... you've gotta have a lot of bull sh*t!!!!!! UUuuuuuuuugh! OH well, at least I get to talk about penis' in it!

Sincerely,

Crystal

Comments Enabled

5Crystal's Blog Empty Re: Crystal's Blog Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:30 am

Bubbles

Bubbles
Admin

Dear Life's Pleasures Users,

Today, I am here to talk (or more so rant) about how today's society is killing "People-Pleasing" jobs. My Mother lost her car a few months ago -- ironically, a few days after I finally got my permit -- and has been relying on Yellow Cab ever since... especially now that it's been getting a lot chillier here in the big AK. The experience has been all fine and dandy, a few rude comments here and there, bad service and down right awful customer service supplied by Yellow Cab's answering service; but otherwise, not terrible... until today.

Me and my family decided we were going to go to Sam's Club. It's not too far from where I live, but my Mother insists on taking a cab due to her bad knee and the severe chill weather. The cab arrives and the cab driver takes the long way there. >_> Typical. But of course -- being a Waitress -- my Mother tips the guy. We're shopping, we're shopping (I bought a 4 pack of $10 iTunes cards.) Finally, she calls for the cab ride home... We end up waiting about 15 minutes before this guy arrives.

He doesn't even help us put our groceries in the back; instead, he stands to the side, WATCHING us lug all of the crap in while on his cellular phone. Yeah, it gets better. We all load up into the Yellow Cab van, and head off. Not even out of the parking lot, his phone rings and he picks it up. About half a second after this, he slams on the brakes, sending me, my Mother and my Sister flying. My Mother hits her knee on the front seat, my Sister claims to have gotten a headache right as this happened, and it nearly slammed me right into the passenger seat... face first. Why did this happen? Seat belt check? I wish. Sense he wasn't paying attention to the road and talking on his cellular, he had almost ran into a car who obviously had the right of way. I -- of course -- start bitching him out. "Oh my God! This is why you don't talk on the phone and DRIVE!" Him: "Sorry! It was his fault." Me: "Uh, no. He had the right of way. You could've KILLED us! ... Are you okay, Mom?" It takes him nearly half the drive to finally say "Sorry." insincerely. Let us just say he did not receive a tip.

Now home, I see his cab number (#7) and call Yellow Cab. I ask for the Supervisor and get sent to a woman's voice mail. I hang up, and call again. This time, the guy pretends he can't hear me and hangs up the phone. About the fourth time I call, I am answered by the "Supervisor" (which is a male who has a female's voice mail...) and tell him everything... Including that the receptionist are rude and unprofessional. All I get is a "I'll have a talk with him." ... Really? Well guess what Yellow Cab, you've just lost a whole family of customers. And for everyone at home reading this, do not use Yellow Cab for your public transportation needs. Take the bus... even with it's weirdos, it's a hell of a lot safer than this company.

Sincerely,

Crystal

Comments Enabled

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]